On Tuesday, August 15, India and China got into a hot scuffle in Ladakh. It was a war of stones and China as usual blames India for the massacre.
China said, “extremely dissatisfied with the incident.”mentioned that China lodged a protest with New Delhi too. According to them the PLA (People’s Liberation Army) was carrying out their routine patrols on their side of the Line of Control when they were obstructed by the Indian troops. According to the Chinese soldiers, Indians tried colliding and injuring the Chinese personnel.
The Chinese foreign ministry commented on it, “The Chinese border troops have been patrolling in the Chinese side of the Line of Actual Control. The Chinese side urges the Indian side to abide by the relevant agreements and treaties between the two sides, faithfully follow the 1959 LAC and safeguard peace and stability in the border areas of the two countries.”
They also further mentioned that Chinese soldiers know the national boundary and cannot provoke the Indian side.
China lodged a protest with New Delhi too. According to them, the PLA (People’s Liberation Army) was carrying out their routine patrols on their side of the Line of Control when they were obstructed by the Indian troops. According to the Chinese soldiers, Indians tried colliding and injuring the Chinese personnel.
Hua Chunying, the Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson said, “China is extremely dissatisfied with India and New Delhi had violated the consensus between the two countries to maintain peace along the border.”
While India has a different side to the story. According to them, on August 15, India tried stopping Chinese from entering the border and in return to it, Chinese started throwing stones and fighting. Indian soldiers than retaliated.
In the video, however, the Chinese and the Indian soldiers can be seen hovering stones and fist fighting. Indian officials already said that Chinese personnel tried to enter Ladakh, in response to which, Indian soldiers formed a chain and tried stopping them. The PLA personnel then took to stones and gave fire to the fight.
Rajnath Singh, the Home Minister said on Monday that he is confident about China taking a positive decision soon. He added, “Peace will prevail soon.”
Hua, however, has asked India to strictly discipline the conduct of the Indian troops on the border in order to uphold the peace and tranquility between both the nations.
Hua also responded on Rajnath Singh, and replied to a question in press conference.
“I have noted the relevant report. China cherishes and firmly upholds peace. Meanwhile, China is resolute in safeguarding national sovereignty and territorial integrity and will not allow any country or anyone to endanger its territorial sovereignty under any excuse or pretext.
We have said many times that the prerequisite and basis for the settlement of the Indian border troops’ illegal crossing of the boundary in Dong Lang is the unconditional withdrawal of all the trespassing Indian personnel and equipment to the Indian side of the boundary. I have noted that Minister Singh said that the Indian side has not attacked any country and has no ambition to expand its boundary.
However, the fact we have seen is that the Indian side illegally crossed the mutually recognized boundary that has been abided by the two sides for nearly 130 years and so far its border troops still stay in the territory of China and it even fabricates all sorts of excuses to justify its action. We hope India can match its words with its deeds, immediately pull back all the trespassing personnel and equipment and take concrete and positive steps to correct its previous wrongdoing.”
Source: Chinese Foreign Ministry