India a country that got independence in 1947 and Pakistan a country that was created in 1947. The debate between the two has absolutely no end, it has been going on literally since forever. The enthusiasm among people is seen when you see cricket, obviously. You see real craziness rising among the crowd for your country at that point of time, when people want to win so bad, however, the match goes, the win is important, it basically doesn’t mean hatred, it means loving your country more. It’s basically cricket nationalism.
The Indian Air Force’s motto is “Touch the sky with glory” and the Pakistan Air Force’s motto is “A symbol of pride for the nation” We see differences and we also see cohesion among the nations and do whatever you cannot simply say one is better than the other one, because it’s all equal and it’s all good. Here we compare the Air Forces of the two countries, namely Indian Air Force (IAF) and Pakistan Air Force (PAF) on some grounds.
1. Active Personnel: The Indian Air Force has 127,000 active Personnel while the Pakistan Air Force has 65,000 active Personnel including 3,000 pilots.
2. Establishment: Indian Air Force was established on 8th October 1932 as a part of Indian Armed Forces and Pakistan Air Force on 14th August 1947 as a part of Pakistan Armed Forces.
3. Engagements: Indian Air Forces played notable role in the Second World War, Indo-Pakistan war of 1947, Congo crisis, Operation Vijay, Sino-Indian War, Indo-Pakistan war 1965, Operation Poomalai, Operation Pawan, Operation Cactus and Kargil War.
The Pakistan Air Force have played major roles in Indo-Pakistan war of 1947, 1965 Rann of Kutch skirmishes, Indo-Pakistan war of 1965, Six-Day War, Indo-Pakistan war 1971, Yom Kippur War, Soviet war in Afghanistan, 1999 Kargil conflict, 2001-02 India-Pakistan standoff, War in North-West Pakistan.
4. Transport C-17 Globemaster 3, 2-76, An-32, HS 748, Do 228, Boeing 737, ERJ 135, 2-78 MKI, C-130 J are all for Indian Air Force. Pakistan Air Force has Boeing 707, Airbus A310, C-130B/E/L, CN-235, Saab 2000 Harbin Y-12.
5. Helicopter Alouette 3, Mi-171 are for Pakistan Air Force and Indian Air Force has Dhruv, Chetak, Cheetah, Mi-8, Mi-17, Mi-25/35 6. Fighter IAF has Su-30MKi, Mirage 2000, MiG-29, HAL Tejas, MiG-21. PAF has F-16A/B/C/D, JF-17, F-7P/PG.