We reported about how Lt. Col Ahlawat and other serving and retired officers sent a legal notice to Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna. The latter hurt the sentiments of soldiers who serve us day and night and goes to every length for safeguarding our nation.
Things are not looking to cool down for the star couple Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna since the issue broke down between Army officers and the couple. The situation is regarding the auction of the costume that Akshay donned in the movie ‘Rustom’ dubbing it as ‘naval uniform’.
On May 9, actors Akshay Kumar, Twinkle Khanna and auction house received a legal notice from twenty-one individuals including eleven serving Army officers and seven retired officers after Akshay announced the auction of the ‘Rustom’ costume on Twitter which was later shared by his wife on her social media.
However, the couple is now keeping a safe distance from the auction but their problems are far from being sorted. The legal notice served by the Army personnel to Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna has been responded over by their counsel who said:
“Our client is not conducting any auction nor is alleged auction being conducted on behalf of our client or our client’s wife. Our client states that the uniform costume worn by our client is neither owned by our client nor by client’s wife nor is it bestowed upon or handed over or conferred upon our client in any manner whatsoever.”
Real heroes Trump reel heroes
As Serving officers and veterans have gracefully withdrawn from an about to begin a legal battle with a star couple who had made an inadvertent attempt to touch the honour of the Armed Forces Personnel by trying to auction a piece of costume in the guise of “Uniform”. The entire closure of the “issue” has happened at our terms and conditions!!
Here are some developments and lessons learned (post they were served with legal notice)
1. Both Twinkle Khanna and Akshay Kumar have disassociated themselves from the activities of Salt scout (the company doing the online auction).
2. Their counsel has responded to the legal notice on their behalf.
3. That pretty much means they have developed “cold feet” after realising that they are doing something which is both illegal and unethical.
4. Salt scout has on their part were left high and dry as their protagonist had pulled the rug from under their feet….Salt scout all of a sudden did not have legs to stand on…they, of course, felt cheated….Salt scout immediately (through their counsel) apologised and have now added a fine print calling it as “Naval costume worn by Akshay himself in movie Rustom” on their auction web pages. The company is now auctioning only the pant, shirt and the cap (minus the ribbons/medals and rank).
5. The army officer said “We had nothing against anyone…. it was only our honour which remains non negotiable…..if we will not stand up and be counted….if we will not stand up and speak up then we have no right of cribbing that we do not get our rightful due in the society….. or India Today magazine has the gumption to show our Chief’s uniform with pockets inside out on their cover….. someone has to take bull by the horn!!!…no one repeat no should touch the honour of the only institution which keep this country together”
….and we repeat Lt Col Sandeep Ahlawat’s now iconic phrase….. you touch our honour we will give you a bloody nose!!! (resounding defeat)