General Bipin Rawat, the Army Chief said on Monday, “Surgical strikes on terror launch pads across the Line of Control (LoC) could be repeated, if necessary, seeking to send a stern message to Pakistan.”
He made it sure to imply that the cross-border infiltration will continue. This will be done because camps across the Line of Control right from where terrorists are launched, are still operational, and warned that the Indian Army is ready to keep dispatching them to their graves.
He added further saying, “The strike was a message we wanted to communicate to them and they have understood what we mean…that things could follow up if required.”
He spoke at the launch of the book ‘India’s Most Fearless.’
Later when asked questions on infiltration attempts, he said, “Terrorists will keep coming because the (terror) camps are operational there (across the LoC). Even we are ready. We will keep receiving them (infiltrators) to dispatch them two-and-a-half feet below the ground.”
The surgical strikes were conducted across the LoC on the terror launch pads on the intervening night of 28 and 29 September last year. This was followed by a militant attack on an Army camp that killed almost 19 soldiers in Jammu and Kashmir.
The strikes were carried out by the Special Forces of the Army, the ones who had crossed the LoC. Later, an unspecified number of terrorists waiting to sneak into India were killed in action by the Indian Army.
Source: Times of India