This time on 26th January the Paracommandos weren’t present during the parade. But two years back, they were in the parade. It is interesting to hear their call during the parade which motivates us to be stay united.
It says, “”Hum bharat ke veer aur hum apne desh ke rakshak, Jaati bhedbhaav ko mitaye”, which roughly translates to We are the heroes of India and we are the protectors of our country, finishing all caste and creed.
Each regiment has unique battle cries in IA. Para Cdo units also come from some of these backgrounds and will have different cries. But special forces may not say anything as they live in stealth and sudden attacks.
Battle cries are there. Fact of life. They enthuse the troops in a last do-or-die battle. Indian army has, traditionally, many battle cries. Some of these are:
1. Bihar Regiment, (17 battalions): “Jai Bajrang Bali” (“Victory to Lord Hanuman”) / “Birsa Munda Ki Jai” (“Victory to Birsa Munda”)
2. Rajputana Rifles (19 Battalions) : “Raja Ram Chandra Ki Jai” (“Victory to Raja Ram Chandra”)
3. Punjab Regiment (19 Battalions): “Bole So Nihal, Sat Sri Akal” / “Bol Jwala Ma Ki Jai”
4. Rajput Regiment : “Bol Bajrang Bali Ki Jai” (“Say Victory to Lord Hanuman”)
5. Kumaon Regiment (19 Battalion): “Kalika Mata Ki Jai”, “Bajrang Bali Ki Jai”, “Dada Kishan Ki Jai” and “Jai Durge Naga”.
6. Garhwalis (18 Battalions): “Badri Vishal Ki Jai” (“Victory to the Great Lord Badri Nath”).
7. Dogras, (18 battalions): “Jwala Mata Ki Jai”..
8. Sikh Regiment : “Bole So Nihal Sat Sri Akal”. Akaaaaal
9. Sikh Light Infantry: “Bole So Nihal Sat Sri Akal”. Akaaaaal.
10. Jammu & Kashmir Rifles (19 Battalion): “Durga Mata Ki Jai”. [Victory to Mother Durga].
11. Jammu & Kashmir Light Infantry(18 Battalions): “Bharat Mata Ki Jai”. [Victory to Mother India].
12. Ladakh Scout: “Bharat Mata Ki Jai”. [Victory to Mother India].
13. Gorkha Regiment (19 Battalion): “Ayo Gorkhali” (“The Gorkhas are here”),
14. 11 Gorkha Rifles: “Jai Mahakali”. [Victory to Great Kali].
15. Maratha Regiment : Har Har Mahadev. [Victory to Lord Shivs] / Chhatrapati Shiviji ki Jai. [ Victory to King Shivaji]
16. Jat Regiment: “Jat Balwan, Jai Bhagwan!”
17. The Grenadiers : “Sarvada Shaktishali!” (Ever Powerful!)
18. Assam Regiment: “Rhino Charge”
19. Madras Regiment ( Oldest Regiment of Indian Army since 1750): “Veera Madrassi, Adi Kollu, Adi Kollu!”
In addition there are also many Indian Army regiments which chant “Har Har Mahadev”, which has been used by many Hindu defenders in the past such as Chhatrapati and Prithviraj Chauhan.