Revenge Taken- 3 Terrorists Responsible For Amarnath Attack Killed In Encounter


Three Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists, of which two were Pakistanis have been killed in a recent encounter in South Kashmir. Police said on Tuesday that these terrorists were allegedly responsible for the attack carried out on Amarnath pilgrims this year in July which killed eight pilgrims and left 19 others injured.

On Monday afternoon, while the Army convoy was on its way to Srinagar, at Qazigund on Jammu-Srinagar national highway, the encounter broke with the terrorists opening fire which killed one soldier while another sustained the wounds.

Representational image

The security forces then sealed the area to seize the terrorists but the search operation was soon turned into an encounter that concluded at 2am this morning, said police.

One terrorist did manage to flee from the site of encounter but was later arrested by the police from a maternity hospital of Anantnag district of South Kashmir, they said.

The dead terrorists have been identified by the police as Yawar Basir, a local terrorist hailing from Habiash of Kulgam who joined ranks with Lashkar-e-Taiba this year in February. Rest two of them was Abu Furqan and Abu Maviya who were both foreign terrorists.

Furqan was the head of Laskar-e-Taiba in South Kashmir who took over after the death of Abu Ismail, who led the attack on Amarnath pilgrims on July 10th this year, police informed.

He was also responsible for a series of terror crimes in Anantnag and Kulgam area including yatra bus attack case at Bantingo, attacks on security forces at Lower Munda, attacks on police party at bus stand in Anantnag and also the recent attacks carried by LeT, said police.

The Encounter

Rashid Ahmed Allai of Hamzapora Sangam Bijibehera, who was missing for last two days from his house, was also arrested last night from Janglatmandi maternity hospital with a Chinese pistol and live cartridges. He had joined the Yawar group of LeT and was taken down with the help of leads available at Qazigund encounter.

He was part of the attack carried out on Army at Qazigund yesterday but escaped as soon as the encounter broke, taking shelter at a hospital. He along with his associate had intentions of snatching the weapons from the policemen during the attack, according to the police.

Check video : Top LeT militants killed by security forces in J&K’s Qazigund

Related Content